Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

I went back and forth for awhile about setting any New Year's resolutions this year and whether or not to post about them but since it seems to be a pretty common theme around the blogosphere the past few days I figured I'd go ahead and throw mine out there since a few of them are home improvement related.
  1. Drink more water - I'm horrible about staying hydrated! This one shouldn't be hard, I just need to remind myself more. Maybe a tattoo on my forehead would work?
  2. Post more consistently and grow blog. This is a big challenge I'm throwing out there for myself since I really fell off the bandwagon (or never really got on it for that matter) doing consistent blog post. I'm going to shoot for 1 post a week at least which could be difficult with a new baby come late January/early February but I've learned that I need to make time for myself and my hobbies as well. Projects might take longer to get done so that means there may be some more in-process detail sharing around here. 
  3. Cross off a few items off the ol' home improvement to-do list. I'm a fanatical list maker so there are about two dozen lists around somewhere but Jens and I need to do some more brainstorming/arguing on what we'd like to see accomplished around the house this year. Look for a 2012 Home Improvement To-Do list post in the near future.
  4. Take more pictures and become a better photographer. Since getting a DSLR camera when I was expecting Ivan 2 years ago I've become a bit of a photography geek and now know what things like white balance, depth of field, ISO, shutter speed, and aperture really mean - now I need to keep practicing and putting all that good geeky knowledge to use.
  5. Become BFFs with Sherry Petersik and Katie Bower. Okay, this one isn't likely to happen but a girl can dream right??? Maybe when our family room is 100% complete we can have a reader redesign featured on YHL though or possibly meet the Petersik's in person if they go on a book signing tour and make it to the midwest.

No comments:

Post a Comment