Monday, January 9, 2012

Sew, Turn, Repeat …

Jens and I have some friends from college that are having a baby and are due the day after our due date. When I was expecting Ivan my crafty friend made a beautiful knit alphabet wall hanging as a baby gift so I’m excited that I now have the chance to return the favor. I came across the chevron baby blanket below from Aesthetic Nest when it was featured on Ohdeedoh and immediately pinned to my pinterest board knowing I wanted to make one myself.

I had some leftover Anne Kelle Zig Zag fabric (in Bremuda) from my DIY crib skirt project which I figured would work out perfect to try this out with. It was definitely not a quick sewing project by any means (8+ hours of sewing zigzags) so I cheated a little bit toward the end and used some store bought binding instead of making my own. After following the tutorial over at Aesthetic Nest and pulling it out of the dryer here is the final result:
DSC_0477

DSC_0460
project 52 p52 weekly photo challenge my3boybarians.com

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful blanket! Lovely blog too - looks like we're both working on updating our 60s ranch houses. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness... that is so pretty. I have done an all flannel quilt. Now I have to do this one. Love.

    ReplyDelete